(Say That 3 Times Fast!)
Originally Posted 12/16/14 - By Lisa
For anyone who read part one, I told you I'd be a slacker and not get to part 2 in any reasonable time. But the big boss keeps cracking her whip, (well not really, but I keep getting the "when are you going to write part 2 of the blog?" texts daily) so I must write. Here are the remaining suggests for things to buy your beloved runner!!
6. I love to Run Sweatshirts http://www.ilovetorun.org/
I really like their hoodies-I own the "I'm too Lazy" sweatshirt, and it is super comfortablehttps://ilovetorun.org/hoodies-more-c-22_28.html. (the sizes do run small, so be sure to size up)
I am a stickler, though, and I will only wear the sweatshirt on days I do run. I'm weird like that. I also won't wear my new race shirt to the race. I didn't run that race yet, so why would I wear the shirt? Plus, it's bad luck. I'm always afraid that if I wear it before or during the race, I won't actually finish the race. I've read online that other runners also believe this, so I know I'm not alone in this thinking.
7. One More Mile http://onemoremile.net/ Love, love, love their products. I have sported many of their shirts at races (I wore the "Its a hill, get over it" shirt at the Mount Washington Road Race). Then I got really crazy and started getting into the custom shirts. I had a shirt made for my first 50K that reads, "I can't do this, but I am doing it anyway." It truly summed up my entire ultra experience. The shirts are really flattering, breathable, comfortable (have yet to have one rub or chafe) and high quality. I have 5 in my collection-4 short sleeve and 1 long sleeve.
8. Rock My Run http://www.rockmyrun.com/ My new favorite running app is Rock My Run. I do not have a membership, but I am seriously considering it, although the free version has been sufficient for the past 2 months. You can pick mixes based on genre, BPM, length, etc. Some of the mixes are just songs strung together. My favorite mixes are the ones that remind me of aerobic songs. Before I discovered running, I was an avid aerobics junkie (still am, although I now have to split my time between aerobics and running). I love the songs that have that constant beat, which helps me maintain a decent pace. Yes, we can get into the debate about yah or nay about running with music, but it is an absolute necessity for me, so I am very thankful for Rock My Run. And right now, there are Christmas music mixes, which pretty much is heaven on earth for me. Add an aerobic beat to Christmas music, and I am a happy girl.
9. Project Repat http://www.projectrepat.com/ I've wanted to make a quilt for a very long time. I debated doing it myself. My sister made one for herself. It took about 20 years for her to finish it. I also found friends who agreed to make me one. I have nice friends, and I'd rather not waste their patience with me on my quilting needs. So I decided to bite the bullet and get one from Project Repat. Yes, Bibs2bags can incorporate shirts into bags. But since I had enough bibs to purchase every bag in the collection, I didn't need to supplement my bags with my excess tee shirts.
Very happy with my blanket. Let me make one thing clear-I do not consider this a quilt. I consider this a blanket, which is actually my preference, as I wanted something I would use. I use mine every night when I am sitting and watching TV (currently plowing through all of the seasons of Dexter). And I keep the house at a balmy 64 degrees in the middle of winter in NH and this blanket is really useful. It keeps me cozy warm and remind me that at some points in my life, I am not lazy and complete more than just TV marathons.
10. Bibs2Bags www.bibs2bags.com
I couldn't make this list without including us. Yes, I said 10 gift other than Bibs2bags, but I guess I'm just a big old fibber. At this point, its too late to order a bag in time for Christmas (although we can send your loved one a very pretty gift card/IOU letting them know a bag will be made for them in the near future). BUT its the perfect time to think about Valentine's Day! Or Easter. Or Earth Day (we are upcycling your bibs into a usable item). Or a great gift just because you are proud of your runner and want them to show off their accomplishments. Most importantly, it makes a great gift for yourself!!
From the Bibs2Bags Crew, we would like to wish everyone a safe, healthy and happy holiday season!
Leave a Reply.
About The Authors
A 25 Year Veteran of the Group Fitness Industry, Erika currently teaches Kickboxing, Step, and H.I.I.T. classes at Guilford Parks & Rec.
An Avid Runner, Lisa began her running career about 10 Years Ago.